Philanthropie Québec is proud to have Quebec organizations, institutions and businesses among its partners.
Mentorat Québec’s mission is to promote and develop mentoring culture by providing services mainly related to work and professional development, tailored to individuals and organizations. Mentorat Québec is the widely-known and accepted point of reference in the field of mentoring, ensuring quality development and the intergenerational transfer of knowledge and expertise.
L'Association des professionnels en gestion philanthropique (APGP)
L'Association des professionnels en gestion philanthropique (APGP) (a Quebec association of philanthropic management professionals) consists of partners and recognized professionals from Quebec’s philanthropic community.
The Association enables these parties to meet, share information, expand their knowledge, defend their interests and, above all, to gain public recognition for the profession.
Éducaloi is a non-profit organization whose mission is to inform Quebecers of their rights and obligations by providing quality legal information in everyday language.
In pursuing its mission, Éducaloi seeks to accomplish the following:
- encourage greater awareness of the law, especially current laws and regulations
- ensure a better understanding of the justice system
- demystify the role of different actors in the legal world
- raise awareness among various social players and the general public about the importance of the law in everyday life
- participate in civic education initiatives designed for children and teenagers
Cégep de Saint-Laurent
The Cégep de Saint-Laurent offers a variety of adult training programs, including philanthropic management, leading to an Attestation of Collegial Studies (AEC).
AEC in Philanthropic Management – Program Goals
The fundraising profession has experienced unprecedented growth in the past decade. This phenomenon is largely due to the emergence of a new political landscape and the rapid rise of the volunteering sector, leading to fierce competition for public and private funding. Philanthropic management requires increasingly specialized knowledge to respond to this trend.
Upon completion of the program, the philanthropic management graduate can work as a philanthropic management consultant.
The philanthropic management consultant develops and implements strategic funding plans to conduct fundraising activities on behalf of charitable organizations. Main duties include orchestrating fundraising campaigns, cultivating and maintaining relationships with active and potential donors as well as with partners and volunteers.
The role of the philanthropic management consultant may include some or all of the following tasks:
- plan and orchestrate fundraising campaigns (major campaigns, annual campaigns, special projects)
- organize activities and fundraising events
- coordinate canvassing operations that target individuals, businesses, foundations and the general public
- negotiate various agreements with partners
- oversee relations with donors (awareness, recognition and stewardship)
- recruit and supervise volunteers in their roles (group facilitation, training, coaching, etc.)
- implement transparent management methods in accordance with the profession’s code of ethics
- serve in an advisory role and provide leadership for philanthropy-related activities within his or her organization.
TechSoup Canada is the Canadian partner of TechSoup Global. Many nonprofits and social benefit organizations worldwide serve the needs of low-income, underserved populations and create positive social change. We believe these organizations could have even greater impact through the appropriate use of technology. This requires assistance with obtaining, using, and sustaining technology.
In an innovative strategic partnership, Microsoft, TechSoup Global, and others are developing a global technology platform for the voluntary sector. As part of their commitment to the this sector, corporations such as Microsoft, Symantec, Adobe and Cisco use this platform to provide donations, at scale, to worthy organizations around the globe. Recipient organizations benefit from the consolidation of many donation programs into one, and further benefit from the wide range of training, collaboration, and support provided by TechSoup Global and its partner organizations.